Monday, June 13, 2011

The Desert

I am in Scottsdale, Arizona for a training conference for Life Teen. I have never been in Arizona but I have learned a few things very quickly.
1) Dry heat is still hot.
2) Don't touch the cactus.
3) I never want to live in the desert.
It has been a great time to get away and recenter my ministry on what the Lord wants. Isnt that funny, often times we get so wrapped up in our plans and ideas that we forget what God wants to tell us. I cannot help but find myself thinking about Christ and the time in the Gospel where he went into the desert. He went to pray, fast, and was even tempted in the desert. I try to unite myself this week with the Lord (except I would be ok without the temptation), in prayer and fasting.

The desert can be a scary place. It is hot, a lot of critters crawling around and no water around. But it is something that we all have to go to through. It strengthens us to go through challenging times. May we be like Christ, living water in whatever desert we enter into throughout our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment