Saturday, June 4, 2011

Leaking Sink

I have this leaking sink in my apartment that I told my landlord about and yet he has still not come to fix it. I have called, emailed, and written but it is still leaking. I walk int the kitchen each morning and that is the first thing I see, and it bothers me so much. It gets under my skin. I just want to slam down the handle and make it stop. I am to cheap to go and buy a new part myself since I have a landlord. Something interesting happened to me today when I walked into the kitchen, I stopped and had this thought. Why does this leaking sink bother me so much but not other things that really matter in life. Why doesn't it bother me when I don't do my daily prayer, why doesn't it bother me when I sin, why doesn't it bother me when holiness is not my goal. We get caught up in the choirs of daily life and so worked up and concerned about them that our faith takes a back seat. My prayer for all of us especially myself is that we can stop focusing on the little things that don't matter and start focusing on the true "leaks" in our lives, the things that hold us back from God.

1 comment:

  1. This is great to keep in mind–especially for me as I am doing my first time research for a new plumber. I just moved to Ohio so I am looking for
    Cleveland plumbing experts to have on speed dial in case something were to go wrong!

    ReplyDelete